Only 3 weeks until election day. Tomorrow is the last day for MA residents to register to vote in the November election. Don’t delay – register to vote today.
- Oct 17th (Wednesday) – The Student Voice & Policy Change at UMass Dartmouth with David Hogg on the panel.
- Oct 20th (Saturday) – 2:30pm STAIN performance in Boston by Berklee student commemorating deaths by gun violence& gathering energy for change.
- Oct 23rd (Tuesday) – Forum on Violence Prevention: Guns, Public Health, and Health Care at B.U. School of Medicine.
- Oct 24 (Wednesday) – The Peace Abbey Victims of Violence Stonewalk.
- Oct 30th (Tuesday) – Take action and volunteer with SHV to Get Out the Vote
- Nov 1st (Thursday) – B.U. School of Public Health honors SHV with “Beyond Health Award” at annual gala.
Secretary of State Bill Galvin’s office sees a surge in voter pre-registration by Massachusetts teens post-Parkland.
David Hogg, Parkland survivor, speaks on gun violence at HUBweek in Boston.
Attorney General Debate highlights dfferences in recent gun law reforms.
Local artist Mark Erelli’s song, “By Degrees”, features Roseanne Cash, Sheryl Crow, Josh Ritter, Anais Mitchell & Lori McKenna that highlights the gun violence epidemic.
Watch local students from Boston area schools give their opinion to VICE on bullet-proof back packs.
Across the Nation:
Students in California create a database on every school shooting in the last 50 years for public access.
Hartford, CT area teens continue the work for gun violence prevention.
Michigan man found guilty for shooting at a teen asking for directions to school.
Illinois mothers sue the state for lack of reasonable regulations to curtail gun traffiking that harms Chicago communities.
Louisiana Senator John Kennedy introduces legislation called “No Red Banks and Blue Banks Act” as a result of Citigroup restricting capital to companies selling guns to under 21 yrs old.
The Gun Lobby & Industry:
NRA “A” Rating no longer a badge of honor for Repulbican candidates.
The NRA introduced a new letter grade, “Fx,” for candidates who requested and received the endorsement of Moms Demand Action & Everytown for Gun Safety.
Wells Fargo Bank issued a $40 million line of credit to gun manufacturer Sturm, Ruger & Co., according to financial filings.