Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at Stop Handgun Violence. We are grateful for our supporters and volunteers who joined our cause to end gun violence.
- Nov 27 (Tuesday) – Gun Safety Forum by League of Women Voters in Marblehead
- Nov 27 (Tuesday) – Yale University School of Public Health on Gun Violence as a Public Health Issue
- Dec 3 (Monday) – Attorney General Healey at Tufts University on politics and assaults weapon ban.
- Dec 5-14th – Several annual vigils to end gun violence in Massachusetts and across the country.
- Dec 12 (Wednesday) – MA Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence vigil First Church UU in Boston
Massachusetts & New England
MFOL-Boston students share their outlook on the mid-terms and what’s next with Jim Braude.
Listen to a podcast with Vox on the strength of Massachusetts gun reform policy.
Wayland residents voted to pass-over firearm restrictions in town.
Connecticut’s $35 billion retirement fund to influence gun manufacturers toward reform.
Find information and resources on how to petition for an Extreme Risk Protective Order in MA.
Across the Nation
Several dead in gun violence at a Chicago hospital.
March For Our Lives Parkland students accept 2018 International Children’s Peace Prize.
Gun manufacturers should be tested for responsible business practices.
America is enabling mass shootings with easy access to guns.
The high risk of guns in the home for those with dementia.
Disarm Domestic Violence launches new website listing gun laws on firearms accessibility.
Shoemaker Tom’s announces action for gun violence prevention.
There is evidence that the right laws will reduce the epidemic of gun violence.
To prevent mass shootings, focus on laws not mental illness.
In California, most gun owners of assault rifles amass firearms.
In Ohio, Stand Your Ground passes the House but Governor Kaisch takes a stance against it.
In Wisconsin, one company normalizing firearms and holiday gifting.
In Washington, the NRA sues to stop recent gun law bill approved by voters.