2019 MA Gun Violence and Warren’s new bill
January 30, 2020
Did you know?
On Our Calendar
- Feb 28 (Fri) Grandmothers Against Gun Violence Legislative breakfast
- Mar 4 (Wed) Save the Date: Violence Prevention Funds Lobby Day at the State House
Gun control and prevention in the States
- A man in Hingham accused of shooting at police.
- Boston police officer files a lawsuit against Armslist, an online seller.
- Drive-by shooting outside a Bridgeport, CT courthouse.
- Vermont lawmakers review waiting period on gun sales after Governor’s veto last year.
- Missouri lawmakers weigh in on the recent mass shooting at. a Kansas City bar.
- A Pittsburgh church gun buyback runs out of money within the first hour.
- South Dakota bill introduced to exempt guns and ammunition from sales tax.
- One dead and seven injured in a Seattle mass shooting.
National News & The Gun Industry
- Former NRA lobbyist now working in the current administration gives the NRA insider access on shaping policy.
- John Hopkins surgeon, survivor and activist #ThisIsOurLane receives death threat message on his car.
- Living in poverty raises the risk of suicide among children.
100 Americans die from gun violence every day. It’s time for Congress to stand up to the gun lobby & confront this crisis head-on. That’s why we support Senator Elizabeth Warren & Rep. Hank Johnson’s comprehensive new End Gun Violence Bill.
Send a student to summit! Donate here toward their lodging and travel expenses to the New England GVP student summit.