Last night ten individuals, including a local police officer, were murdered in Boulder, CO by an individual with an assault weapon. Until recently assault weapons were banned by the city of Boulder, but only a week ago, the NRA claimed victory when a court ruling stripped Boulder, CO of their local ban on AR-15 rifles and high capacity magazines.
We must take action to stop the NRA from making our communities less safe. Today the Senate Judiciary Committee is holding a hearing on gun violence prevention. Tell our federally elected officials it’s time for gun reform in America. Take Action Today!
Action for Assault Weapons Regulation
Action for Background Checks
Action for CDC Research
Congressman Warnock of Georgia asks for reasonable gun reform after mass shootings in Atlanta.
In other news:
- Mass shootings surge in Massachusetts.
- Rhode Island state representative threatened for cosponsoring gun reform bills.
- New research finds more people die in a school shootings when an armed officer is present.
- Gun violence is the second leading cause of death for American children aged 1-19 years in 2020.
- Gun Violence Archive tracks 100+ mass shootings so far in 2021.
- Giffords releases new report on armed hate and gun laws. Learn more here.