July 25, 2022
In the News:
- The House Judiciary Committee held its first markup of an assault weapons ban in two decades this week. In a 25-18 vote, the committee voted to send it to the full House.
- Massachusetts licensing law helps prevent risky individuals, like the Highland Park shooter, from purchasing guns.
- Destructing how 376 law enforcement officers at the Uvalde elementary school failed in saving 21 lives.
- Change the Ref sends a mile-long convoy of school buses to Senator Ted Cruz.
- Like the tobacco industry, the gun industry must be held accountable for business tactics.
There’s still time to tell our Massachusetts elected officials to support the “Act to Stop Mass Shootings” which would ban the manufacture of assault weapons in the Commonwealth.