CDC Director speaks out on gun violence
September 7, 2021
For the first time in decades, the director of the CDC – the nation’s top public health agency – is speaking out forcefully about gun violence in America, calling it a “serious public health threat.”
In Other News:
- A Winthrop, MA case raises the question, should you know if your neighbor owns a gun?
- 14-year old in Danbury, Connecticut arrested in connection with mall shooting.
- In Florida, a toddler finds a loaded gun and fatally shoots mother during a video conference call.
- The Iron Pipeline: Watch how illegal guns keep pouring into New York.
- Now most Texans will be able to carry handguns in public without going through training or permits.
- The City of Kenosha and its police and county sheriff’s departments are being sued by the Huber family for openly conspired with White militia members, which gave them “license … to wreak havoc and inflict injury.”
- Court allows former vendor, Ackerman, case to move forward against the NRA.
- Over half a million guns flow from the United States into Mexico each year. Does US immunity for Gun Manufacturers apply extraterritorially?
On our Calendar:
- Annual MVP Award Night to benefit MA Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence on Thursday, September 23rd at 7pm
- Concert Across America to benefit States United to Prevent Gun Violence on Wednesday, October 6th at 8pm