October 13, 2021
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month
When an abuser has access to a gun, a domestic violence victim is 5 times more likely to be killed.
Get more facts: Giffords Law Center
Extreme Risk Protection Orders can be a safety planning tool for advocates working with survivors of domestic violence who are worried about their safety due to their abuser having access to a firearm.
Find out more www.maerpo.org
Local News and Op Eds:
- A reflection on Smith & Wesson past, present and future.
- Like Smith & Wesson, Troy manufacturing received huge financial incentives to relocate to Tennessee.
- Stand-off ends in Brockton; one officer wounded.
- Brockton H.S. student surrenders his gun at school.
- Four Northeast states join forces to reduce gun trafficking.
- Greg Gibson, father of Galen and responsible gun owner, supports proper training.
- Massachusetts should be proactive against upcoming Supreme Court hearings on gun control.