Ghost gun was used in Santa Clarita shooting
November 26, 2019
The ATF investigates the firearm used in the Santa Clarita shooting and finds it was a ghost gun (untraceable). Meanwhile, a judge ruled that the White House administration broke a federal law when it reached a settlement allowing a small gun-technology company to post online the digital blueprints for making weapons with a 3D printer.
3D printed guns are dangerous. Tell Congress #BAN3DGUNS
Gun Violence in the News
- An uptick in juvenile gun crime in greater Lawrence.
- A fatal police shooting in Westborough.
- In Fresno, at a football watch party.
- In San Diego, a domestic violence shooting.
- In New Jersey, at a high school football game.
- In New York, a Brooklyn school bus caught in a cross fire.
- In Oklahoma, a shooting at a Walmart.
National Highlights & The Gun Industry
- Congresswoman Katherine Clark lets Senate Majority Leader know it’s been 265 days since the House passed HR.8.
- Facebook makes millions off false advertising for gun permits.
- American Outdoors Brand breaks away from Smith & Wesson.
- Remington lawsuit could have a ripple effect in the gun industry.
- Stag Arms moves its’ headquarters from Connecticut to Wyoming.
- The NRA drops “Jane Doe’ appeal in Florida.
- NRA turmoil creates rift among big donors.
On Our Calendar
- Dec 11 (Wed) Boston annual vigil to end gun violence.
- Dec 11 (Wed) Screening Parkland Rising documentary in Brookline.
Last week, John Rosenthal and volunteer Matt Nugent testified to the MA Joint Committee to divest pension funds from the firearms industry. There are many ways to counter gun violence. One is to stop funding the firearms industry!
Check hereto see if your bank is properly invested.