July 15, 2021
Until Congress enacts national gun safety laws, we’re only as safe or at-risk as the state with the weakest gun laws.
- Hawaii bans ghost guns.
- New gun laws in Maine, including safe storage.
- New York gun reform include immunity lost to gun manufacturers.
- Rhode Island enacted 2 new gun safety bills.
In Other News:
- Man arrested for fatal shooting in Milton, MA.
- Man from Webster, MA gets probation after accidental fatal shooting of his coworker.
- Off-duty police shoots and injures unarmed teen in Rhode Island.
- In Arkansas, a teen holding antifreeze was shot dead by sheriff’s deputy.
- Victims and survivors of California synagogue’s lawsuit against Smith & Wesson moves forward.
- In California, a 15-year old shot himself dead with an unsecured gun at a sleepover.
- New Jersey man arrested for stalking, property damage and weapons charge.
- Potential mass shooting in Denver prevented ahead of MLB All-Star game.
TAKE ACTION: Tell the DOJ to regulate ghost guns like other firearms.