March 9, 2020
Gun Violence is an epidemic.
Our country faces many kinds of epidemics and public health crises that require our immediate attention. The reaction to COVID-19 versus gun violence in our community is stark and disturbing.
On Our Calendar
- Mar 19 (Thu) MA Coalition Quarterly Virtual Meeting RSVP
- Mar 25 (Wed) MA Coalition Literature Drop *CANCELED*
- Apr 1 (Wed) Saving Lives with Laws & Research at BUSPH *CANCELED*
- Apr 30 (Thu) MA Coalition MVP Peace Award
Gun Control & Reform in the States
- The Springfield community reacts to multiple shootings last month.
- In California, a UPS employee arrested after mass shooting threats.
- Colorado Congressman tweets video of AR-15 as a challenge to Biden.
- Fatal shooting over a mall parking space in Atlanta.
- Tennessee gun violence rate among youth doubles over the last decade.
- Santa Fe, Texas High School approves guns in classrooms.
- Background check on all gun sales on its way to Virginia Governor.
- Washington legislature creates office focused on reducing gun violence.
National News & The Gun Industry
- Country Music Hall of Fame cancels NRA annual fundraiser.
- Children share their stories on active shooter drills.
- CDC firearm injuries data is unreliable, but is there better?
- Senators questions Zuckerberg on Facebook gun sales.
- Google refuses to remove videos of Alison Parker’s murder.
- Everytown endorses Democratic candidate Joe Biden.