Domestic violence is surging during the Pandemic. In 29 states and D.C., firearms restrictions aren’t automatically included in temporary orders of protection.
In Massachusetts, we do include firearms removal when a domestic violence protection order is filed.
In the News:
- The Extreme Risk Protective Order was used 39 times in Massachusetts since 2018.
- In Maine, the Extreme Risk Protective Order Law was applied 13 times to prevent gun violence.
- Colorado Extreme Risk Protective Order proving to be useful for police.
- Georgia Congresswoman Greene supported execution of Democratic congressional leaders on her Facebook page.
- Newark police records no-shots fired in 2020 for the first time after reform.
- Texas Supreme Court rejects Alex Jones request to toss out Sandy Hook lawsuits.
- Virginia passes bill banning firearms at polling places.
- Discredited John Lott ousted from the Justice Department under the new Administration.
- Canada legislators will vote to designate the Proud Boys as a terrorist group.
Information is power.
Forward the power of our newsletter subscription link to your friends and family who want to be informed on the gun violence epidemic in our country!
Bernie says we need a new billboard in Boston!
Send us your creative ideas.