June is Gun Violence Awareness month.
Join us to support local youth activists in their work to end gun violence!
- Students use ARTivism to highlight the gun violence epidemic on Saturday June 1st in Cambridge.
- Lobby at the MA State House on Monday June 3rd for Crime Data analysis – click #FollowTheGuns.
Show Up and Wear Orange!
- June 1 (Sat) Student mural project for Gun Violence Awareness.
- June 3 (Mon) Lobby at the State House #FollowTheGuns
- June 5 (Wed) Discuss Extreme Risk Protective Orders in Hyannis.
- June 6 (Thu) Wear Orange Proclamation in Boston.
- June 7 (Fri) Wear Orange Proclamation at 9:30am, Gloucester City Hall.
- June 7 (Fri) Wear Orange Proclamation at 11:30am, Salem City Hall.
- June 7 (Fri) Wear Orange in Holyoke.
- June 8 (Sat) Boston Pride Parade #DisarmHate
- June 8 (Sat) Cambridge Police host gun buy-back.
- June 8 (Sat) Wear Orange Summer Slam at Lena Park.
- June 8 (Sat) Art of Ringing benefit concert in Cambridge.
- June 9 (Sun) Art of Ringing benefit concert in Wellesley.
- June 14 (Fri) Art of Ringing benefit concert in Boston.
- June 15 (Sat) Newton Police host gun buy-back.
- June 15 (Sat) Guns Down author book signing in Boston.
- June 16 (Sun) Father’s Day Peace Walk in Brockton.
- June 18 (Tue) MA Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence quarterly meeting hosted with Operation Lipstick.
- June 22 (Sat) Watertown Police host gun buy-back.
- June 22 (Sat) March with Moms Demand Action in North Shore Pride parade.
- June 29 (Sat) Arlington Police host gun buy-back.
Across Our Nation
Are we setting up our children to be martyrs in a school shooting?
A study shows how more guns led to more violent crime.
District of Columbia vs. Heller – a bad decision.
A gun safety storage bill, named Ethan’s Law, was introduced in the Congressional House.
Massachusetts Gun Violence Prevention & Other States
A neighbor shot and killed in Boston during an argument over a barbecue grill.
Massachusetts state police seize illegal firearms in Holyoke.
A juvenile from Oxford, Massachusetts arrested for attempted murder.
Connecticut Senate passes ghost gun regulation and two gun safety storage bills.
A New Hampshire man known with dementia shoots and kills his wife.
A man shoots a dog at Monadnock, NH Park.
Vermont House passes seven-day waiting period for gun purchases.
Five years later, six victims remembered from the Isla Vista shooting.
Columbine survivor, Austin Eubanks, loses his battle to addiction.
In Michigan, a nine-year old boy shoots his mother dead.
A New York bill would require gun stores to secure guns after hours.
A Portland Oregon student in custody after bringing a shotgun to school.
The status of gun control in Pennsylvania.
In Texas, a homeowner shoots a teen dead after a paint ball onslaught.
Washington looks to extend the Extreme Risk Protective Order to those who threaten hate violence.
The Gun Industry Rounds
The NRA is linked to rogue ‘gun’ sanctuaries supported by sheriffs.
The NRA sues longtime ad agency, accusing them of recent ‘coup‘ attempt.
The NRA use New York rulings to expand 2nd amendment rights in the Supreme Court.
Texas approved funds for a safe storage campaign, despite the NRA’s opposition.