Come out to our first Volunteer Meet Up in Arlington next week! Learn about what we do and how you can join the movement to end gun violence. Please RSVP, thanks!
- Shooter in Odessa bought assault-style rifle via private sale.
- Walmart announced changes in sales of ammunition and open carry. Kroger followed suit to stop open carry in their stores.
- Stop Handgun Violence testified at a crowded Public Safety Hearing at the Massachusetts State House. Board member Gail Erdos spoke on behalf of SHV to support crime data research analysis and various gun reform bills.
- The NRA might be losing allies in Congress, but they still have Trump.
Meet MB, a board member since 2015.
She walked 50 Miles More last year and she shares why it was her favorite SHV event.
Meet Jordan, a senior board member.
He tells us how he saw the public impact of SHV billboards on the Mass Turnpike.
October 17, 1995
Our first billboard in 1995 raised the attention of 16 children killed by guns everyday. For over two decades Stop Handgun Violence used the highly effective method of billboards to educate and raise public awareness about the epidemic of gun-related violence. Celebrate with us at our #SHV25 Anniversary party!
We Support the Peace Plan
Last weekend, another Texas mass shooting killed seven people. Nine injured at an Alabama High School. Eight killed in Chicago. Gun violence is a health epidemic that results in nearly 40,000 deaths in one year and countless mass shootings! We believe the MA gun law reform model is a feasible solution toward less gun violence. But we know that it will take more, such as the March for Our Lives Peace Plan. It lays out a multi-pronged approach that we encourage all to support. We can’t wait to hear more at the March for Our Lives gun safety candidate forum on October 2nd!
Preorder your Bullets Leave Holes T-shirts by Sep 24!
On our Calendar:
- Sep 9 (Mon) Operation Lipstick Talk Night.
- Sep 11 (Wed) Stop Handgun Violence Volunteer Meet Up in Arlington.
- Sep 13 (Fri) BPeace student protest rally at Smith & Wesson.
- Sep 14 (Sat) Grandmothers Against Gun Violence monthly rally.
- Sep 15 (Sun) A Concert Across America benefit in Lexington.
- Sep 25 (Wed) Free Concert Across America in Hyannis.
- Oct 2 (Wed) Moms Demand Action Lobby Day.
- Oct 24 (Thu) Stop Handgun Violence 25th Anniversary Party!