Find your legislator here.
Our Massachusetts lawmakers have until Wednesday, February 5th to advance bills to the next step in the legislative process! If bills don’t advance tomorrow, they won’t be considered in the current legislative session. Please contact your MA state representative or senator TODAY to support our priority bill:
H.2045/S.1388: An Act Relative to Crime Gun Data Reporting and Analysis – improves data analysis to determine where guns used to commit crimes are coming from.
On Our Calendar
Feb 1-8 is Gun Violence Survivors week #momentsthatsurvive
- Feb 12 (Wed) After Parkland film screening in Boston
- Feb 13 (Thu) Gun Safety Certified Mark launches in Boston
- Feb 28 (Fri) Grandmothers Against Gun Violence Legislative breakfast
- Mar 4 (Wed) MA Coalition Violence Prevention Funds Lobby Day
Gun Control and Prevention in the States
- Federal gun control bill introduced by MA Senator Warren.
- A Massachusetts bill is introduced on arming campus police.
- Maine joins federal lawsuit against 3D printed guns.
- A deadly shooting on a Greyhound bus in California.
- Students walk out to protest against gun violence in Iowa.
- A Florida bill advances to allow guns in places of worship.
- Florida church shooting leaves two dead; one a teen boy.
- In Kentucky, armed gun owners storm the state Capitol in protest.
- New Mexico Senate panel approves an Extreme Risk Protective Order.
- Two found dead at Texas A&M residence hall.
- Virginia House passes seven gun reform bills.
National News & The Gun Industry
- A new Gun Violence Memorial project honors victims.
- Gun policy now a bigger voting issue for Suburban women.
- Celebrities call out studios for donating to NRA-backed politicians.
- NRA chief of staff to CEO La Pierre fired.
- Two lawsuits threaten the gun industry’s special immunity.
- Sig Sauer faces two lawsuits.