It’s not by coincidence that Massachusetts has the second lowest gun death rate in the U.S. and has successfully reduced gun deaths by 40% over the past 25 years. We have taken a three-prong approach to reducing and preventing gun injuries and deaths for the Commonwealth. Read our full report here.
Research is vital.
Thank you to our partner GVPedia for their recent report on the impact assault weapons in mass shootings and more, titled “Mass Shootings in America: 2013-2019″.
Gun violence in a pandemic.
Firearm sales are soaring, but manufacturers like Henry and Century Arms received coronavirus relief funds from the federal government.
- Ashburnham man pleads guilty for illegal firearm sales.
- Two teens killed in Boston.
- Inside a Florida Walmart, man pulls gun out over mask argument.
- A deadly shooting at the home of a Federal Judge in New Jersey riddled with misogyny and racism.
- New Mexico District Attorney sues vigilante militia group with ties to white supremacy.
We mourn with the country over the death of Congressman John Lewis, an icon and leader of civil rights. Thank you for your service and for reminding us to get into good trouble.
(Photo posted by Congresswoman Katherine Clark)