New data was released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on gun deaths per capita in each state. It’s no surprise that states with strong gun laws and lower gun ownership ranked last for gun deaths per capita.
In the News:
- It’s no accident that Massachusetts consistently ranks at or near the bottom. “The evidence could not be more compelling that states with fewer guns and strong gun laws have strikingly lower rates of gun death.”
- 15 Attorney Generals challenge the gun manufacturers using the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA).
- Amicus brief supporting Mexico vs. Smith & Wesson, in regards to exporting guns and resulting deaths in Mexico of U.S. arms, was filed in D.C. last week.
- The majority of Americans view right-wing militia groups as a threat.
- NRA revenue drops to record low as legal fees continue to escalate.
- Amir Locke fatally shot by Minneapolis police after a no-knock search warrant.
On our Social Media: Gun Violence Survivors Week
Joaquin’s image is often used in his father’s art while advocating for an end to gun violence. Learn more at www.changetheref.org.
- “This is the closest (thing) to true justice.” Shaundelle Brooks, mother of Akilah killed in the Waffle House mass shooting in 2018.
- Greg Gibson’s story and his advocacy after his son Galen was fatally shot.
- Nine actions for gun violence prevention in honor of Ilyse Levine-Kanji grandfather.
- Survivors Empowered and Giffords share a valuable resource for survivors & allies alike.