July 17, 2022
In the News:
- The Senate confirmed Steve Dettlebach as director of the ATF.
- President Biden unites advocates, survivors, legislators and officials to mark the bipartisan Safer Communities Act.
- Vice President Harris joins the call to renew the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban.
- GOAL of Massachusetts calls for eliminating the suitability standard that gives local police chiefs discretion for licensing.
- The gap between NH and MA gun laws sets the stage where many illegal guns are trafficked into the Commonwealth.
Stop Handgun Violence was invited and honored to be at the White House with partners, advocates & survivors for the 2022 Safer Communities Act.