The students need your help!
January 23, 2020
At Stop Handgun Violence, we support the rise of youth activism in gun violence prevention (GVP). From 50 miles to Washington D.C. and graffiti art expressions, we’re encouraged by their energy and creativity to speak out against gun violence. This Spring, we’ll bring a fresh group of students to the second New England Youth GVP Summit in Connecticut. Click here to help with their travel & lodging expenses, thank you!
On Our Calendar
- Jan 24 (Fri) MA Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence at Tufts
- Feb 1 (Sat) Moms Demand Action statewide meeting
- Feb 13 (Thu) Save the Date: Gun Safety Certified Mark launches in Boston
- Feb 28 (Fri) Grandmothers Against Gun Violence Legislative breakfast
- Mar 4 (Wed) Save the Date: Violence Prevention Funds Lobby Day at the State House
Gun control and prevention in the States
- A double shooting in Framingham claims the lives of a father and son.
- A public works employee fatally shot in Lawrence.
- Connecticut becomes 21st state to ban 3D gun blueprints.
- Rhode Island divests pension funds from the gun industry.
- Florida Senate panel passes bill to close the gun show loophole.
- Kansas City mayor sues the gun industry for gun trafficking ring.
- New Jersey bans realistic toy guns.
- One student dead and more injured at a high school near Houston.
- After militia gun protests, Virginia Senate passes three gun bills.
- Armed protestors holding a city hostage is now ‘peaceful’?
National News & The Gun Industry
- Eminem releases graphic video and a call to end gun violence.
- Current administration motions return of 3D-printed gun blueprints.
- ALICE overstates its effectiveness from active shooter trainings.
- Demand for active shooter insurance is up with rise of mass shootings in the workplace.
- A Senate report finds that the NRA was a foreign asset to Russia before 2016.
- Parent company of Smith & Wesson replaces CEO James Debney.
- Canada bans military-style and assault weapons.