ORANGE is the color that Hadiya Pendleton’s friends wore in her honor 7 years ago. She was shot and killed in Chicago at the age of 15. After her death, they asked the public to stand up, speak out, and Wear Orange to raise awareness about gun violence.
#WEARORANGE and TAKE ACTION!
- Thursday June 3rd Virtual Advocacy Day for #NotOneMore at 11am. Pre-register HERE to meet with your legislators.
- Friday June 4th Stand Out for Gun Violence Awareness at 6pm. Bring a sign and a friend! Details HERE.
- Post your #WearOrange selfie and we’ll share it on our social media! Tag us on Facebook @stophandgunviolence and/or @stophandguns on Instagram/Twitter.
- Sample text: America #WearOrange for National Gun Violence Awareness to honor victims & survivors of gun violence and recognize this is an epidemic that takes 100+ lives every day. @stophandguns
- Finally, please DONATE to help us continue this vital work to end the epidemic of gun violence.