March 25, 2020
We will get through this …and what we do next matters just as much!
Read John’s op-ed here.
“Amid COVID19, a surge in calls to the MA suicide prevention hotline.”
- Nearly 6 out of every 10 gun deaths in Massachusetts are suicides.
- Firearm is the most lethal mean of suicide, and 22% of all suicides are by firearm in Massachusetts.
- Click here to learn who/how to petition for an Extreme Risk Protective Order
If you are in crisis, call 877-870-4673
- People panic buying firearms is simply fuel to the fire.
- FBI reports gun sales spike 300% in one day amid COVID19 crisis.
- Safe storage is critical while home bound for COVID19.
- When a home is not safe for domestic violence victims during COVID19.
- Suicide by firearm results in more deaths than mass shootings.
- In Baltimore, officials ask for calm during COVID19.
- NRA lays off staff amid COVID19 crisis.
In the States
- California gun shops remain open and defy non-essential classification.
- In San Jose, a gun shop is closed by enforcement of state shelter order.
- In Massachusetts, 700,000 gun license applications in a decade.
- As New Hampshire sees record requests for background checks, gun dealer notes “Guns aren’t a practical answer to the world’s problems.”
- New Jersey suspends background checks on all gun sales.
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court dismisses Gun Shop lawsuit on being defined as ‘non-essential’ during COVID19.